Essentially, SEO (short for Search Engine Optimization), or site optimization for online search engines, is a set of specific actions aiming to bring your site to the leading positions of a particular query or a set of queries across search engines.
What does the customer expect when they come across a website?
- Good loading speed;
- Intuitively presented structure;
- Relevant results;
- Useful content;
- Maximum added value;
Combined with a decent back-end, user-friendly content and valuable links, your site has every chance to outperform the competition online. Professional, meaningful and adequate Search Engine Optimization is a combination of all these factors.
SEO is an intelligent and long-term business investment that should be well planned and multi-layered. That is why optimization can’t always be an express service with immediate results.
But what does it involve and what should you expect to get when you reach out to a reliable SEO agency?
Let’s get into some of the main details related to the optimization components and the stages of their implementation.
What SEO components are out there?
1. Initial SEO analysis of the website condition by several criteria, including indexing, current ranking, state of the design and textual content.
2. After getting a basic idea of the situation, the SEO expert should give an opinion and continue working with a more thorough SEO audit, looking at the site`s code, internal structure, customer experience and potential competitiveness strategies in the niche.
3. Next is the use of specialized software in order to make an in-depth analysis of keywords that would bring meaningful results for you according to your goals and priorities. This analysis and the elaboration of the so-called “semantic core” of the site should serve as a basis for the formulation of any further strategies.
4. On-page or technical optimization. This is a variable duration process that involves one, several or all of the following tasks:
- Optimization of the internal site structure – categories, subcategories and product clusters;
- Refining meta tags – meta titles & descriptions;
- Optimization of images and videos – their size, titles, alt tags, EXIF data and more;
- Work on the structure and logic of internal links, which distribute the weight between the internal pages and help the search engine bots to go through the site;
- Analysis and processing of outgoing links from the site in order to enrich and improve the site link profile;
- Optimization of the URLs structure to help the search engine bots to more clearly perceive the content;
- Website speed optimization for desktop and mobile version, etc.
5. Off-page optimization. This refers to creating conditions for as many authoritative, relevant and diverse sources as possible to give reference to your site in the form of a link – linkbuilding.
6. Content optimization:
- Expert keyword research and their potential to convert. In this step, the SEO specialist`s experience is very important.
- Preparation of a blog calendar for articles with specific keywords, content length.
- Writing highly expert texts with relevant information, authoritative sources, external links to valuable sites and a specific SEO structure.
- Adequate PR and marketing distribution of the content – at least in the beginning, when your blog is still new and has no regular readers.
7. Ongoing analysis, monitoring, improvements and tests.
These are the mandatory steps, both during and after the active SEO campaign. Monitoring is important, so we can understand what works and what doesn`t, to adapt the situation to the latest search engine updates and to follow the right direction of the project development.